Shaping Chenille Pipe Cleaners
Tips And Techniques
Nannie CanDo shows you how to shape Chenille Pipe Cleaners into all sorts of interesting creations.
This is combined with other useful tit bits to help create fun, easy kids crafts to keep your Poppit amused for hours on end...just be careful because the ends of the stems can be sharp!
Craft Materials To Use
- Colored Pipe Cleaners of all shapes,sizes and thicknesses
- Pencil or marker
- Glue, craft or hot melt
- decorations: pom poms, googly eyes, sequins, feathers, wool scraps, material scraps
- Scrap paper
- Cut the pipe cleaner into 3 parts
- Bend each of these into halves and then each of these halves bend into z shapes.
Makes great hair
Arms and Legs
- Cut the pipe cleaner into appropriate lengths for arms and legs
- With a pencil or marker wrap the ends around to form feet and hands
- You can bend the lengths in half, like a V shape
- Take a thin pencil or skewer and wind the pipe cleaner around it
- Remove the center mold and form a circle joining the ends.
- Attach a chenille pipe cleaner stem to the flower head and double loop a smaller piece of pipe cleaner attaching it to the stem as leaves.
Chenille Stem Critters
Chenille Pipe Cleaners - Part 1
- Take a pencil, marker or thick skewer and wrap the pipe cleaner around it
- Gently remove the central mold and squish the pipe cleaner together between the thumb and forefinger
- Glue pom poms, and other bits and pieces to make all sorts of crazy critters
Paper Bag PuppetsBack to Easy Crafts for Kids
Can Do Kids Crafts - Homepage