Easy Halloween Costumes for Kids
Make these easy Halloween costumes with your kids - simple ideas for their Trick or Treat night!
See how easy it is to make...
- A Ghost Costume from an old sheet
- A Mummy or a Zombie Costume
- A Witch Hat & Costume
- A Witches Broomstick
- An old white sheet
- Black Marker
- One child
- Take 1 child, boy or girl and try get them to stand still
- Cover the child with a sheet as evenly as possible
- Mark where their eyes are on the sheet
- Remove the sheet and cut out the holes for the eyes. You could mark the edge with black if you like.
Mummy or Zombie Costume
This costume can be adapted into a Zombie instead of a Mummy - just add splatters of tomato sauce and plenty of muddy marks!
- Torn up strips of an old sheet (instead of torn sheeting you could wrap with white toilet paper...a very cheap idea.
- Masking tape, optional
- Red paint or tomato sauce...for Zombie
- White, red and black face paint for the Zombie as a mummy usually has its face covered up
Wrap the child completely leaving just the eyes and an opening for the nose and mouth. If you decide to go with the Zombie idea then cover the little one's face with white face paint...you could also use flour and water. Add scares and stitches and red blood like splatters for a really scarey effect. Splatter red paint over the wrappings for that extra "just right" Halloween Horror look.
Witch Hat & Costume
- Black T-shirt
- Black chord, ribbon or belt
- Purple, black or red ribbon to use as a band on the hat
- Black tights, if you have stipped ones all the better
- Black shoes
- An old straw hat with wide brim
- Black paint
- Black construction paper
- Masking tape
- Take the black construction paper and using the head part of the straw hat wrap the paper around to form a cone shape.Tape it securely to the brim using the masking tape
- Paint the brim and the taped cone with black paint. Allow to dry and tie a ribbon around where the cone and brim meet. This will hide the join.
- You could decorate the hat with all sorts of crafty stuff such as sequins or stars etc.
- Dress your little one in the T-shirt, tights and shoes. Pop on the homemade halloween witches hat and set off on your Trick or Treat adventure
- Old slim tree branch, as knobbly as possible-you could use a piece of curtain dowel or an old broom handle
- Sand paper
- Lots of twigs, as straight as possible
- Chord, twine, raffia or sturdy strong tape
- Colored markers
- Sand the branch so there are no sharp bits that can be dangerous
- Bundle the twigs around one end of the branch and tie securely...you may like to pour some glue around this and allow to dry
- You could draw some witchy designs onto the branch, black cats, bats, pumpkins etc.
If you can get hold of orange refuse bags, check out this easy Pumpkin Costume too.