Halloween Craft Ideas:
Outdoor Halloween craft ideas for making spooky decorations with the kids - create your very own haunted house and scare the living daylights out of your neighbours and friends!
Simple ideas to turn the sweetest of family homes into really spooky Halloween haunts!
The Sick Pumpkin
- Sharp knife
- Black marker or black drawing pins
- Black construction paper(optional)
- ONLY GROWN UPS TO DO THIS STEP! Cut a hole in the front of the pumpkin
- Now you can have some fun, scoop out as much of the insides as you can and put aside
- Cut out some black construction paper in the shape of eyes and a nose
- Pin these onto the pumpkin or if you are using a black marker just draw 2 eyes and a nose above the opening to make a face
- Set the pumpkin outside on the front step and dribble the seeds out of the opening mouth as though the pumpkin is being ill... Yuck! Now that is gross but oh so great!
Bag & Balloon Ghosts
- White plastic shopping bags or small white garbage bags
- Black texta/marker, paint or construction paper
- Newspaper, shredded or scrunched or you could recycle cushion stuffing
- Stick the width of the bag
- Strong chord or twine
- Black tape
- Make a hole at the top, closed end of the bag
- Take the stick and tie the chord/twine/ribbon to the centre of it
- Thread this through the bag and push the chord through the hole
- Draw a face onto the bag-2 eyes, a nose and a scary mouth or you may like to use construction paper
- Fill the bag with what filling you decide to use
- Tie chord or twine around the bag so that the unfilled section becomes the body
- Hang in trees outside your home or from the verandah. These make great and cheap Halloween Yard decorations
This is an adaption to the above...
- Blow up some white balloons
- Cut up some old white sheets, or t-shirts
- Lay these out and place the balloon in the centre
- Fold the sheet up around the balloon and secure tightly
- Paint the face or tape the cut out eyes, nose and mouth onto the front
- Hang in trees or poles all around the garden
- Foam sheets or heavy duty cardboard
- Coat hanger wire
- White paint
- black paint and use white to make grey color
- Paint brush
- Masking tape
- Cut the foam sheets or cardboard into grave headstones...these can be rectangular in shape or curved at the top. You could even make special designs at the top if you want to
- Paint them with the grey paint to look like weathered concrete
- With some dark grey paint add some made-up names
- Cut lengths of the coat hanger wire and tape to the back of the Halloween yard decorations tombstone leaving a section to poke into the groundYou could paint over the tape to neaten it up if you want to
- Now poke the grave headstone into the ground to make the best ever Halloween graveyard!
- Heavy duty cardboard cut into strips about 3ft long(approx 100cms) with pointed end at the top
- Grey paint White and black makes grey)
- Paint brushes
- Thin coat hanger wire cut into hand size lengths
- Paint each strip of cardboard with the paint to resemble old weathered wood palings
- At the top and bottom of each strip and about a hand length from eith end, make a hole either side
- Take a piece of the wire and make hooks at either end
- Thread one end through a strip of the cardboard at the top and the bottom, secure well and thread the other end through another paling strip
- Continue doing this until you have the length of fence that you requireNow you have a length of fence that you can move around anywhere in your yard.
- At each end of this fence you could attach some rope or fishing line and secure the fence to a tree or stake in the ground.
- Hang decorations from the fence (optional)
Halloween Craft Ideas: Index
Halloween craft ideas: Masks